Monday, July 26, 2010

Taking a Coffee Break and Thinking

I have been in the middle of a busy summer, and as I am typing this, the rain is coming down outside.  I can hear the distant thunder (some not so distant)  Just outside the house is two police cars blocking the road to protect unsuspecting drivers from hitting the tree that is down across the road one house up from me.  As I sat and watched the activity, I sat back with a VERY warm cup of coffee.  I began to converse with Jesus on the need for coffee in heaven.  I told Him how I wondered if he too had enjoyed the warmth of coffee during his brief stay here on  the earth (or at least a warm cup of tea).  

Then I just began to think on what exactly it was that I was enjoying about that cup.  I held it in both hands.  The warmth of the cup was comforting.  There was time to sit back and relax for just a little bit.  It  was refreshing.  Listening to the rain and watching its activity help me further enjoy the moment.  As this conversation with Jesus continued, I just felt in my spirit that The VERY Presence of my Lord would bring such warmth and comfort in heaven there would be no need for the coffee.  I began to think on the lack of stress I would have and that to be in the presence of the Lord would mean I would be absent of the need to relax.  Anyway, in the process of my reflection, I enjoyed my conversation with the Lord.

I have had a large amount of projects that I have been working on this summer.  My two daughters have been very actively involved in several of these projects along with me.  We enlisted the help of my mom, and we did complete upgrades to both of the girls rooms.  Bless both their hearts, it has been LONG overdue.  So we have painted, rearranged furniture, replaced many pieces of old furniture and went thru all their stuff.  We have been boxing up momentos, sending out stuff to the local Good Will and trashing a great deal of STUFF!!!    I have been in ORGANIZE mode.  I like to be organized and know where things are.  I intend to continue this long into the girls' return to school.  I have enjoyed the time with my mom and the girls.  We laughed as much as we painted and it was beautiful after it was over.  I still walk by their rooms just to enjoy the view. 

So I began to reflect on all this as I took my coffee break.  I began to think of not only what we have accomplished this summer but what has been accomplished this entire year.  So far this year, I have had surgery on my neck (so I guess you could say I had a neck renovation, HA HA)  We immediately followed with a renovation of our kitchen, dinning room and fresh coat of paint in the living room.  We have many projects to go in this old house but it sure has been worth it.  I looks amazing. 

I am so thankful that God has blessed me with a great cup of coffee and electricity to heat it.  I am thankful for the time with my daughters and my mom.  I am thankful that I have a place where I can just write out my thoughts and express in writing how blessed I am.  I love my house that God has so graciously provided by the hands He has chosen to use in my wonderful husband.  I am blessed beyond measure.

Hope you have a time of reflection today.  Take a break with your favorite beverage.  Have an open talk with Jesus.  I think He would love to sit down with you and listen to what you have to say.  I think the spirit within me has been energized during this time of thankfulness and reflection.  Be blessed today.  Take time to be thankful.  Psalms says that we enter into His gates with thanksgiving.  What if that is the KEY to unlock the gate.  Then we enter into His courts with praise.   We want to be in His presence, I believe that is a very scriptural way to get there.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Beverly. We all need that time of reflection, and too often, we refuse to take a break because of busyness. I appreciate the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog