Monday, August 9, 2010


"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." "Psalm 91:1-2
My favorite description of God is Him as my shield in all manner of references.  I love to think about being shielded beneath His wings.  It feels incredibly safe there.  So imagine living ( or dwelling) in the refuge and safety of the Lord's wings or in the shadow of the Almighty.  Is. 40:31 says we can soar on wings like eagles. I love the word ON!!!  Also in Matthew 23:37, Jesus speaks to Israel saying, "how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings."

That is the most comforting picture.  Jesus gathering us beneath His wings as a mother chick does her babies.  Doesn't that just comfort your soul?  I know it does mine. 

Spend time focusing on this concept.  We can live in the safety and refuge of the Most High if we choose.  The choice is up to us.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog