Thursday, March 24, 2011

Delays, delays, delays

Well I have had a sick computer.  Then I have been busy with my girls, work and my bible study with little time to write here.  I have been saturated with various thoughts and insights.  I am going to try to get them down and see if I can make any sense out of them.

First is the verse Psalm 37:4   Delight yourself in the LORD ; And He will give you the desires of your heart.

I heard this a different way when I read this scripture this time.  Basically saying that the desires of my heart will not be my own worldly desires, but that the desires I have will be the desires that the LORD gives me if I will delight myself in HIM.  Totally changed the way I read that verse.

The second verse on my heart is the command for us to GO!  Matt 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.  (The translation referring to GO- "as you go".)

And then; Deut 6:6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up

So put these last two together.  As you go, make disciples of every nation baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  (Baptizing - original greek word is baptizo  - to dip repeatedly, to immerse, to cleanse by dipping or submerging, to wash, to make clean with water, to wash one's self, bathe to overwhelm)


Revelation 19:13 …his name is the Word of God. (Referring to Jesus)




So get this, as you go making disciples, overwhelm them, bathe them, cleanse them, immerse and repeatedly dip them in the NAME of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit.  So we are to TALK about who He is as we go thru out our day (as we ride down the road, as we sit, we need to impress them upon our children).  We are to talk to the nations about the WORD of God.   

So we need to delight ourselves in the LORD, and He will create in us the "DESIRE of our heart" to be for His Word and the people of the world to know Him (to make Him famous - bring Him glory).  He will begin to burn in us a desire for others to be BAPTIZED in the WORD of God.  That they would KNOW Him and that they too would be immersed in His Word as we are. 

How can we hunger for God and His word if we are full of EVERYTHING else in this world.  A man who is full will never seek after food.  A man who is not thirsty will not seek water.  But if we delight in the Lord, I believe He will create in us a HUNGER for His word and an insatiable thirst for His living water.

So as you go about your day, immerse those around you in the Word of God as you sit with them, ride with them or whatever it is your doing.  Not that you get out the bible and begin to read to everyone.  BE a living example, a living epistle of the Word of God.  Not by your own strength but by spending time with the Father thru Christ by the indwelling of His Holy Spirit.

Be blessed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog