Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My mother-in-law sent these two pictures to me in two separate emails on different days and they just spoke volumes to me. Especially in light of this blog and its web name "Wings as eagles".  This is the image I get from the following scripture: 

Matthew 23:37 NIV

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing.
I am willing.  I love the idea of Christ gathering me under his wings by his spirit.  I love to rest there and be protected and warm. 

But I love the image of  Isaiah 40:31  but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

What a picture of resting and hoping in the Lord.
However often I feel as if I look so different than everyone else and that I don't belong there with the body.   Yet I do and I can find rest and security regardless of how I feel.   
So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog