Monday, January 28, 2013


I look at my life as a parent and cannot help but see the parallel to God with us.  As I have journeyed through this life, I have learned some lessons the hard way.  I saw that to do things a certain way really is a good idea.  I use to be one of those that tested things.  I had to learn things through experiences.  But I am glad to say that as time has marched on I have become wiser.  I listen to advice more, I watch to see the way I should go and I understand that there really is a right way and everything else really is the wrong way.  I don't say this to start an argument but state it as fact according to my years on this earth.

I am not in anyway trying to start a discussion about it.  I am just stating that there is a narrow path and a wide path.  On the path that is wide, it is easy for a time.  It may even seem right or fun.  But I can tell you that in math 2+2 is always going to be 4.  You can try all the other answers but they will still be wrong.  It doesn't matter how much you debate it, how much you argue that it is not 4, truth is NOT relative.  Truth is truth.

As a parent, we try to lead our children in the path which is good and right for their sake.  Just as our Father has given us very specific guidelines to live well in this life.  As scripture says "so it may go well with you."  Our confinement in the commands of God are our salvation.

When we go off on our on in this life, we find that walking the wrong path is dissatisfying and we get frustrated.  When we disregard God's commands, we are walking our own way and trying to do life in spite of God.

I can tell you that living in that manner cannot lead you into peace.  We were not created to live separated from our creator as much as many would like to think.  It is the center of who we are; we seeks for meaning and purpose.  We may seek fame, money, success, relationship, drugs, sex etc. to fill the longing, but I can tell you it will never be enough.  It will not satisfy and we will never be at peace in it.

Peace comes when you finally figure out that you are not in right standing with God and you need to be reconciled with Him.  Redemption comes when you receive His restitution for you.  It comes when you begin to line yourself up with what He says and what He wills for your life.  The wonderful news of the gospel is that I can be at peace with God through Jesus Christ.  He paid for my sin on the cross so I wouldn't have to.

Our pastor painted an amazing picture of Christ's suffering and crucifixion and the thought came to me as he was being quite graphic that that is what my sin looks like on my insides and on the insides of others that I sin against.  With each laceration, His stripes healed me and made me right with God.  It justified me. (Just-if-I'd --never sinned)  He made it as if I had never sinned.  That is the good news.  (The best part of waking UP is not Folgers in your cup.  It is waking up to this wonderful truth that I can be in RIGHT standing with the God of the universe and that He wants me to be in relationship with Him)

So the best part is that He showed us a better way to live this life through His commands and they are not just a good idea.  They are the WAY to live victoriously. (they are narrow and specific - not vague so we have to wonder)  There is no better feeling than to sit before God at peace with Him.  Having nothing between us.  Being fully and completely one with Him.

Go today and seek the right path.  Walk in it and even when it seems difficult and challenging, do it any way. Consider the trials you face as you walk in this right-ness, pure joy.  Because as you walk right and the trials come so does the development of character and perseverance.  Walk it out and become a person of integrity.  Do it well.  Choose to continue to walk in this path for the rest of your life, day by day. You will see what the Lord intended for your life if you will just choose to walk in the way of Christ.  Let the Bible be your road map today.

I dare you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog