Wednesday, July 3, 2013

How tough does it have to get

Have you ever been going thru life and hit a rough patch? Do you start wondering how long can this last?  It seems that when things happen they just keep on happening.  I am wondering when it is going to let up for me currently.  In the difficulties of life, we really have the opportunity to reflect the character of Christ to others.   I am trying to praise the Lord in my current difficulties.  I wonder when the sacrifice of praise will turn into genuine praise though.

I am reading a really good book right now.  "A Long Obedience in the Same Direction" by Eugene Peterson.  It is challenging me and reminding me of a study I did several years ago by Beth Moore, "Stepping Up".  She quoted this book a great deal in the study and piqued my interest.  I have for some time been mulling it over in my head and the challenge I walked away with is sort of a dare.  "I dare you to take God at His word and live your life according to His principles and commands."  I really wonder what a long life lived in a manner that follows God's word would really look like.  I mean really follow it without excuse!

It would be full of love, compassion, long suffering, integrity, holiness, righteousness, faithfulness, merciful, patience, kind, etc.  Wouldn't you love to be around that person.  What would be the down side of being with someone like this?  Comment on your thoughts below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog