Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Life is Hard

Life is so hard.  It seems complex and messy.  For example in the physical realm, I clean my house and it is dirty again in NO TIME.  I wash clothes only to walk into my laundry room to find it full of dirty clothes again.  I make my bed and it needs to be made again the next morning.  Anyone exhausted by this other than me?

So as I reload the dishwasher, and throw my dirty clothes into the washing machine, I have to think of the verse that tells me that whatever work I do,  to do it with all my heart, as working for the Lord, not for human.


I get so weary of the repetitive nature of the tasks that are always before me.  I guess it feels as if I am never making real progress.  It feels as if I am forever repeating the same tasks and not making real progress.  But life is mundane like that for the most part.  When I choose to do these task "unto the Lord" they tend to take on a more significant meaning.  When I choose to do this, I am not tempted to despair over the repetitiveness of these mundane task.  He starts to give me a perspective that brings gratitude, thankfulness, and joy.  I start thinking of those that have to wash their dishes by hand and say thank you that I have a dishwasher that I GET to unload and reload.  Thank you that I have running water.  Clean water!  Any way you get the point.

So I similarly get so weary with this in the relational and spiritual side.  I tend to find myself in similar situations.  I am no sure if I just don't learn the lessons and God is having to continue to place me in situations until it is solidified in me, or if the changes that need to be made in me is being perfected thru difficulties and trials.  UGH!  Whatever the case, I just wish I would cooperate with Him and allow the stuff to be done in me.  However, I know I am slow in learning, slow to change, but mostly slow in waking up to all of it.  

In all of the trials and difficulties and even dirty clothes, I choose to walk with a thankful heart today.   I will choose to be thankful for all my dirty clothes, at least I have clothes to wash in a washing machine, with clean running water and electricity which is more than many on this planet.    I choose to be thankful for my home that needs to be cleaned, for many are homeless.  I choose to be thankful for my family, for many are estranged from family.  I choose to be thankful for my friends, for many are very alone.  I choose to be thankful for being in America, many live in fear for their lives daily in their own countries. 

We have so much to be thankful for today.  Will you join me in counting your blessing, name them one by one.  Count your blessings see what God has done!!!!  (Did you sing that as you read it?)

Colossians 3:23 & 24 Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.…

Ecclesiastes 9:10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might,
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might



Ephesians 6:7
Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog