Sunday, January 26, 2014

Under Construction

After a long break from blogging, I am back.

There has been so much going on around me.  I had yet another renovation done to the house.  This time it was my 50th birthday present from my hubby.  We had a new doorway installed and refaced the front porch, sidewalk, retaining wall and put up new railing.  It looks wonderful, but renovations are timely, messy and in the end worth it.

But as I have talked about before, in order to make something better, it takes work, time, investment and inconvenience.

From the earliest times in this house, it has really bugged me that my front door was off center on the porch.  It is weird that it wasn't centered.  However, we had other more pressing issues to deal with over the years so it always fell down on the list of priorities.  Thankfully my wonderful husband wanted to give me that for my birthday present.  It was really worth it.  The house looks like a newer version of itself.

So now that I am thru this last little construction phase of my home, I am back with time to write again.  Granted much has happened since I last blogged.

I had a wonderful time with family this holiday season.  Through the season, I was able to catch up on my rest.  Having caught up, I had more energy and was able to tackle some much needed projects around the house.  With several phases of renovations behind us, I have to say that the storage areas had become VERY disorganized.  I took my energies and focused on purging, giving away, even selling on Ebay all unnecessary items.  How refreshing it has been.  I am still not completely finished but I have gotten some much needed order back to my home.

It is amazing how much better I feel.  I have found this website, emeals, where I pay a small fee and the program gives me my meals for the week to include the required groceries list.  I can tell the program my store of choice and it will tell me the items that are on sale for the week.

Out of this, I have been able to have meals on the table even in the middle of this overlapping season of basketball/soccer season.

Order being placed in to my life has brought some much needed relief.  I am the typical "fly by the seat of my pants" sort of girl. (I always liked being carefree)  I have always felt confined by the rigidity of "planning".  But I have to tell you this girl has become a new more relaxed woman since I implemented a few of these changes.  (What looked like carefree wasn't freedom  - what looked like slavery to a plan wasn't slavery  -  so I actually feel freer than I ever have)

I feel I have margin in my life again and I feel my life is a bit more proactive instead of reactive.  Even when the surprises come up they don't seem to feel as urgent since I am prepared in other areas.

So moral of the story for me is that order is no longer my enemy but my friend.  Huh!  Who Knew?

I believe that this story can also apply to me spiritually.  When difficulties come, we store up feelings, don't always process them til later, develop bad habits of coping, etc.  So once the trials are over, we may need to take some time to deal with the baggage we have stored up.
top left before, top right is my photo shop effort, bottom is finished front

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog