Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Filled Up to Pour Out!!!!!!!! (reposted)

Why is it we become so convinced of our own sufficiency.  I believe we are in the most danger when we become convinced of our own supply.  We need to cling to the truth that we are NOTHING without the work of Christ on the cross and the filling of the Holy Spirit.  We need to be convinced of our deficit.  As we come to this conclusion, we fall hopelessly at the feet of Jesus and say fill me once again.  Then in an act of obedience to the leading of the Spirit, we pour out in service to those around us those the Spirit places on our heart.  So it is a continuous FLOW and reliance on HIM!!!! He fills us, we pour out, He fills us, we pour out...  You get the picture.

The truth is that we need Jesus for our salvation.  We cannot save ourselves.  But also, we cannot fill ourselves.  We must be an empty vessel in order to be useful to the kingdom of God.  If you look at II Kings 4:3-4

Elisha said, "Go around and ask all your neighbors for empty jars. Don't ask for just a few. Then go inside and shut the door behind you and your sons. Pour oil into all the jars, and as each is filled, put it to one side."

Notice that the jar that is filled is "put aside".  But what happens as we are filled daily and then pour out in service to all around us by the leading of the Spirit of God.  If we walk in obedience to that leading daily, and He is filling us daily, WE remain useful.  It is not by our talents, gifting or abilities, but by our willingness to see our condition that we have nothing to offer except our EMPTY JAR.  To whatever degree we are willing to admit we are NOTHING without Him, that is the degree we are THEN useful to Him.  This TRUTH will set us free. (free from performance, free from needing to have the right answer, free from needing to know what to do)  Knowing the truth about yourself will set you free to truly be used by God as you surrender to both the fact of your emptiness and surrender to His filling.  But as you become satisfied, it is possible that you are not pouring out.  I believe we can get settled in the FATNESS of the Word and the Spirit and say I am fine Lord, I have no need to be filled.  That should scare us to death.  Because if you notice what Elisha says regarding the jars that are full;  SET THEM ASIDE!    YIKES!

I pray today to be made fully aware of my own insufficiency.  I pray that I am NOT like the church in Laodicea mentioned in Revelations 3:14 - 22

"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth. You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Meditate today on your condition, ask the Lord to fill you and to use you today.  Ask Him to open your eyes to see what and where He would like to pour you out today.  And repeat again tomorrow, and the next and the next.  (REPEAT)  This will set you on fire with the FRESH oil of the Holy Spirit flowing through you.  This is where we can have true fellowship with the Lord.  Why else would you fill a jar except to pour it out.  THAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE JAR.

We are jars of clay, created to be an empty vessel for the use of our Lord!!!! 


And by His use of us, we become instruments of righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog