Monday, July 4, 2022

Peace Among the Chaos


A cup of coffee, a slight breeze in the trees hovering above my back patio, the sound of the birds in the trees, a gentle creaking sound of the swing as I go back and forth...

What do they all have in common?  They are pieces of a morning routine that I love. This routine is filled with peace, but this sort of peace depends on my circumstances.

However, my life's circumstances are not always this way. Some mornings are filled with chaos. Never really pondered it much, but I just went into survival mode during the hectic and busy times in my life.

When I was younger, I loved the chaos. I felt more alive with it. I wanted to have something to do all the time. I remember filling my schedule up with activities and loving it. With each year I added to my age, I began to scale back and embrace a slower pace.

By the time I became a mom for the first time, I was in hot pursuit of “quiet time.” There is nothing like a new mom wanting a little quiet time to cause a newborn baby to desire to rise earlier. If you have already had a baby, you know what I am talking about. I would set my alarm to get up a little earlier than Taylor, my first daughter, so I could read my devotion, pray and drink a cup of coffee. Just as I get everything out on the table and I take my first sip of coffee, there is a loud sound that breaks through my glorious silence to pierce my ears painfully. Yes, “she’s up.” Of course, I go in and try to coax her back to sleep, but her determination was always much stronger than my resolve. The victory was hers.  This became exponentially more of a challenge when our number of daughters increased. Granted, these are the precious babies I prayed for. I loved it but needed my “quiet time.” Having two daughters now assured one would always wake up the other. So, the challenge was even greater and the “quiet time” more elusive.

Little did I know that this was the perfect training ground for me. God was showing me how to find peace among the disruptions and chaos of life.

I hope to share some of the lessons and insights I have discovered along the way that has deepened this truth in me through the years. So, if you are interested in reading these insights you can follow my blog or you can sign up for email. It will be sent to you when there is a new blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog