Wednesday, May 11, 2011

On the hills of the tornado and my own Little Flood

As I watched Beth Moore this morning on Life Today, I was overwhelmed with the following scripture that she shared on the hills of the Little Flood I had in my own life and the overwhelming destruction of the tornados in Alabama.

Ps 57:1 Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.2 I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills [his purpose] for me.

We are blessed when we REALIZE our need for Christ.  We always need Him but when we have trials or become aware of our own sin and short comings we begin to get a REAL glimpse of our need for CHRIST our SAVIOR our LORD.  The trial or sin is NOT a blessing, but the awareness of our need that drives us into the arms of our Lord is!!!!  That is when we receive the love and comfort of GOD!

Trials can bring revival of my soul and my spirit. 

I visited yesterday with folks up in Harvest where I use to live.  I spoke with victims and found stories of hope.  I had one lady tell me that she lost "stuff" (she had lost her HOME)  She said whatever was in her that didn't trust the Lord before, is GONE.  She was praising God.  She was counting her blessing.  She said that there were so many silver linings in this tragedy that she can hardly even see the storm any more.  Can you believe that?  God is real!!!! The stories are such blessings in the midst of such suffering and trials.  The stories of hope, love, trust and renewal.  The overwhelming outpouring of the body of Christ to those in need has been proclaimed OVER AND OVER with everyone I speak to.  Allow this to renew your strength today.  I know it did mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog