Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Wonderfully timely devotion sent from my sweet Mother-in-law

Sinner or saint, we all fall to worry at one time or the other. I Peter 5:7; Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." Well as Christians, that is pretty easy to understand but as humans, it is a little more difficult. The many cares of the world can quickly overwhelm us and make us think we have to do it all ourselves. We read in Mark 4; "The worries of this life come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful." As Christians, haven't we given our lives to Jesus; the One who is over all Heaven and earth? Matthew 11:28-29; "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Psalm 55:22; "Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall." This sounds so easy, but from an earthly prospective it is hard just to let go of a problem. We all feel we have failed and fallen at some time. But in a Heavenly prospective, in the eyes and hands of God, we may have failed but certainly not fallen from His grace. Romans 8:28; "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Worry can take away our positive thoughts and leave nothing but negative thoughts. We all feel the need to be in control and this makes it hard to turn everything over to God. Well, be in control; just be in control not of the situation, give that to God, but be in control of the negative thoughts. Say, This is God's will and I am God's child! Don't dwell on it, accept it as God's will and a part of His plan for your life. Trust God. It takes humility and that all important ingredient.....Faith.

God can take care of it much better than you or I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog