Friday, July 22, 2011

The enemy came in like a flood

Isaiah 59:19 NKJV

So shall they fear The name of the Lord from the west, And His glory from the rising of the sun; When the enemy comes in like a flood, The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.

On Mother's Day this year, after an evening of ministering to a sister in Christ who had fallen to sin years ago and is living there, I awoke the following morning to a flood in my home.  I wrote about the flood in other posts.  However, a dear sister in Christ told me about the above scripture.  I just had to share it with you. 

You see years before when my fallen sister was walking with Christ, she had fallen to sin and my family spent time praying with her to be free.  That evening over a decade ago, I returned home to a flooded kitchen.  HMMM  wonder what that is all about?  Not really!  I know that where the Spirit of the Lord is busy, you will also see the enemy trying to come against it.  Although I didn't want to go thru a renovation and all the mess that comes with it.  If it means that a sister will be free on the other side, I find great encouragement in the flood.  Just like the flood brought destruction to my home, the renovation brought order and great beauty.   I look to the day when my sister in Christ is able to look back at the sin that brought destruction in her life and only be able to see the RENOVATION and beauty the Lord made from it.

I look up again at the scripture and where the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him. 

Ready for the good guys to win this one!!!!!  Ready to see my sweet sister in Christ to be back up on her feet and walking hand in hand with her savior, her Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog