Thursday, May 17, 2012

Be Still and Know that I am God


 Pondering the things that consume our time.  I wonder how it is that we get so busy doing things that we may have even been led by the Holy Spirit to do.  Yet in the midst of the execution of our tasks, we lose site of the one that called us to it.  I think that I personally forget that the reason the Lord called me was in order that I may be His instrument to accomplish HIS will.  I can feel myself saying in the middle of the busyness "well I have got it from here" and just going on my merry way just doing the thing by my self.

You know that God created us because He wanted to be in relationship with us.  Not so we could "do things" for Him.

I am really trying to rest in the "be still and know that He is God" command right now.  That is right where I am and where I want to stay.  It is such a great place of rest for me.

I have been in the middle of some serious activity.  Things have been going on that just gets your attention.  I spend WAY too much time in the trenches.  As I am in the midst of this whirlwind of activity, I have to remind myself that I am too busy NOT to seek the Lord.

Hoping to have some much needed time of rest and rejuvenation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog