Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Love Letter Christ


2 Cor 3:3  Clearly, you are a letter from Christ showing the result of our ministry among you. This “letter” is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God. It is carved not on tablets of stone, but on human hearts.        


Oh I want to be a letter worth reading!  How will that be possible?  I think through cooperation with the Holy Spirit in full surrender, willing to be molded by obedience to God's word, allowing my "own evil desires" to be crucified daily, and learning to walk in love; I will be a love letter from Christ to the world worth reading.

Wow, the world needs this  hope and yet the very place I am called to minister (the world) can become a distraction to me.  The world can become so enticing that we loose sight of our Lord, our calling, and our ministry.  It makes my heart ache at how much the world needs what we have, which is the hope of glory and salvation.  But believers in Christ who get distracted by the world are like a doctor you go to for help with your health and the doctor is too distracted by his own health that he starts talking more about his own ailments than being concerned for your welfare.

We were called to demonstrate the "results" of being reconciled with God through Christ to a world that is in desparate need of the same results.  Although they may not know it, they too need to be reconciled with God.  This reconciliation should bring about a life of joy, love, peace, patience, kindness, compassion.  Is the world seeing that in the believers?  We each need to search our hearts and answer that question honestly.

I for one want my life to be a letter worth reading!!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog