Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Mid-Term Election of 2014

Weighing in on the latest election.  I am a conservative who believes in the foundation of our country.  I believe that we have made errors at times as a nation, but I am still a patriot.  I support and am thankful for those who step up and serve our country, and the freedoms we all share as a result.  I believe according to scripture, if you are able to work, if you choose not to do so, you go hungry.  I do not say that lightly.  However, if work is available and you are able, it is not societies responsibility to take care of your basic needs.

I believe according to scripture we are to care for those that are unable to care for themselves; widows and orphans.  But a young widow who is able to work should do so. This will eliminate her from growing idle and being prone to gossip.  The care and compassion of helping others talked about in scripture is not about handouts and enabling laziness.

We as a country should be concerned to care for those weak, and disabled, but not those who are just taking advantage of the rest of us who are contributing to society and not being a drain on society.

I believe in exercising compassion to those in TRUE need.

Our country has got to start exercising fiscal responsibility.  For the Republicans who just took over control of the Senate and who now control both houses of the legislative branch, I pray they do not go back to their old ways.  I have been disappointed in them before.

For the sake of our children's future, I hope they will step up and take responsibility of our out-of-control spending.  This was not as much of a vote in the favor of the Republicans as it was a vote against the Democrats.  Now a win is still a win, but PLEASE take note, we are all watching, and what takes place in the next two years can and will effect the swing of power in the parties for the presidential elections.

I am by all that I stand for, a Republican.  Now as the house and the senate move forward with a majority of Republicans, work with President Obama and find a way to get spending under control, Get to work defending our borders.  Get out of the job of civil matters, because those issues are not going to matter.  Find ways to protect my vote.  Stop allowing voter fraud to occur, which only serves to diminish my vote.  Stop worrying about polls, and re-elections and go do the job you were hired to do.  Balance the budget.  (our financial standing is a huge matter of national security.)

This majority that the Republicans are holding will be very fleeting if there is not considerable change before the next round of elections.  That includes safety and security.

So go do what you are hired to do.  Remember you work for us, not the other way around.  No matter what Gruber thinks of us "stupid voters".  Balance the budget, protect our borders.  Federal government is way to big and needs to be reduced.  And no matter what anyone says, small businesses do create an abundance of jobs in our county.

My prayer is that our leaders would be men and women of integrity.  I pray they will be convicted to take action that will return us to righteousness, compassion, strength and integrity.

I pray we as a nation will turn our hearts back to our founding principles and turn our eyes back toward God for His precepts to become our plumb line once again.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog