Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Searching the Scriptures

I have been busy studying the word in a bible study by Beth Moore.  I started it over the summer in an online group and joined with my church family to study it along with the videos this fall.  The study is on 1 and 2 Thessalonians.  

As I lean into the study of God's word, I want to keep in the forefront of my mind that "Too much Word and not enough Spirit you puff up. Too much Spirit and not enough Word you blow up. With the Word and the Spirit together, you grow up. - Anonymous"  So thankful for our leader sharing this quote with us on Monday night.

I believe I need to search the scripture to determine God's direction for me, so I will be able to discern lies from truth, and so I will know God's ways and will.  If something comes to me outside of the scripture, I need to be able to measure it against what I know about God's character, His word and Him. If it lines up with scripture, I can receive it, but God will not speak counter to His word.

I pray we all search the scriptures and burn with hunger for the word in the presence and fullness of the Holy Spirit.

I also pray that we search the word of God in an effort to become better aquainted with God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.  I pray that we will grow in our love for Him, grow in our knowledge of Him and grow in our desire for Him.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog