Monday, March 29, 2010

Soaring on Wings Like Eagles

Isaiah 40:28-31 28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. 29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint.

My absolute favorite above many favorite scriptures in the Bible.  I love that we will SOAR on wings like eagles; that we will run and not grow weary and that we will walk and not be faint; IF we will HOPE in the LORD our strength will be renewed.  PRAISE God!!!

I love Chris Tomlin's song, I Will Rise.  The first time I heard it was last year at the Easter service at Old Brashiers Chapel.  I cried like a baby.  I loved it so much that I downloaded it immediately upon getting home and listened to it over and over.  Yesterday in church, our choir sang the entire service, and what a blessing it was.  However, I just kept thinking and talking to God about how I would love to hear that song.  GUESS WHAT!  Mike Nelson, a wonderful voice in our choir, steps up and begins to sing.  I grinned so big when I saw the lyrics come up on the screen.  WHAT a treat and blessing.  I felt so loved by my Father at that moment.  And guess what else!  I cried like a baby again!!  Yes, I am the tears ducts of the body of Christ.  You know how each of us plays a part of the body, well I have determined that I am truly the tear ducts.  Hallelujah, I know my place. 

Only on our knees can we truly rise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Isn't that ironic?

Folks, yes, we are broken, and yes, we are a mess, BUT Jesus came to change all that.  Let's not stay broken. Allow Him to HEAL YOU.  Allow Him to clean you up and purify you.  It is not our job to do it, but it is our job to place ourselves in the hands of a perfect potter.  All clay pots that are broken will be made whole again.    It is our job to walk in the obedience HE calls us to individually.  Then we become a reflection of Jesus.  Not by our doing but by HIS   Folks, we were designed to soar!!!!!!!   Hallelujah!  AMEN!!!!!!

Talk about feeling loved. My heart was overwhelmed!!!!!!!!  Sure do love my Jesus!

Want to hear it, this is the link: I Will Rise, by Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog