Wednesday, July 1, 2020

What on earth is this thing that drives me?

What on earth is this thing that drives me?  Religion vs Relationship...  Morality vs Freedom...  

I began my current world view as a young teen.  To see my life in those early years, you would have really wondered if I really believed in the world view I claimed.  Why is that?  Well I was in process.  I thought this world view required me to be moral and so I began this pursuit.  Along with it, I also began to look around at anyone who was not being "moral" and either felt superior, shunned them or corrected them.  What on earth is wrong with this you may ask...

In my early thirties I began an in-depth pursuit of this world view and it all began to make more sense.  The more I study the word of God and say under sound teaching the more I came to grow and understand that it was the work of God in me by the power of his spirit that lived in me produced the work of making me more and more in the likeness of Jesus Christ. 

Jesus came in the flesh to demonstrate how to live a life in connection with Father God. Jesus lived a perfectly pleasing life to God and paid for our sin debt with his life. His death and resurrection paved a way for us. He is the way the truth and the life. He is the way to the Father. He is the sacrifice we were unable to pay for our sin. But if we receive it we are rescued and made right with God. Our transformation comes by the connection we have by being filled by the Spirit. 
There is the relationship. 
There is the freedom.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog