Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Hope

1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:11
Ever wonder what happened to believers of Christ when they die?
According to this scripture reference it explains why those of us in Christ grieve differently for our loved ones who are saved than for those who are lost and dying and are without hope.  

In verse 15 it tells us about the Lord's return.  I get chills when I read it.  Oh the power that comes from him.  Oh if he returns before I die, I will be CAUGHT UP in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.  Man I have literally dreamed of the day.   I'm serious, it is the best dream!  Then we will be with the Lord FOREVER.   Then it says "So encourage each other with these words."

In 5:1 it talks of the How and When it will come about.  It says "it will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night."  Verse 3 says "people will be saying 'Everything is peaceful and secure', then disaster will fall on them as suddenly as a pregnant woman's labor pains begin.  And there will be no escape."

But then verse 4 tells us we will not be surprised.  Verse 5 tells us we are "children of the light and of the day" and tells us to be "alert", "clearheaded" and "on guard".  Verse 8 tells us our "armor of faith and love protect us and our wearing the confidence of our salvation like a helmet."  I get excited about verse 9 because it says "God chose to save us through our Lord Jesus Christ, not to pour out his anger on us."

We truly deserve his anger.  He is our creator. He wants to dwell with us.  To be known by us and to know us.  He wants intimacy with us, so he made a way for us.

Verses 10 and 11 "Christ died for us so that when he returns, we can live with him forever. So encourage each other and build each other up."

He designed us and had a perfect plan for each of us.  But all of us have chosen to go our own way.  We all fall short of His plan, purpose and intent for us.  If you were to climb up a mountain and find me at the top as a 'guru' and ask me what the meaning of life is, I would say you are created to know God, your creator, to be in an intimate relationship with Him and to walk so closely with Him that you reveal him to the world around you because of that proximity.  

I think if we miss that and never connect with Him, it is the most dissatisfying life imaginable.  Beyond that, there is the matter of eternity.  Most people sense there is a god and eternity, but I do believe it is not a matter of belief but rather a matter of autonomy.  At the heart of the matter is that you want to be your own god.

To lean heavily on the wisdom I have gleaned from Ravi Zacharias, he answers the existence of God in this manner when the following question is posed to him. How can I believe God exists with so much evil in the world? to quote from the link:  "When one asserts that there is such a thing as evil, one must assume there is such a thing as good. When one assumes there is such a thing as good, he or she must also assume there is an objective moral law by which to distinguish between good and evil. When you assume an objective moral law, you must posit a moral lawgiver—the source of the moral law."

Search yourself and see if you too choose to ignore God's existence because you do not want a higher being to tell you what to do.  I choose to believe that He exist and has made a wonderful way for me to be in connection and fellowship with Him.  He paid all the price required.  I have received it, I have had communion with Him.  I know my redeemer lives, for he lives inside of me.  We talk often.  

So confess to Him, repentant and be one with God because Jesus made a way and the Holy Spirit will lead you, guide you and enable you.

That's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog