Monday, May 4, 2015

The Law's Purpose

The law instructs us but doesn't save us. The law does not make us righteous. See blog Being Righteous or Acting Righteous Christ makes us righteous by our faith in Him and by our confession we are saved. Once we get to know Christ, we can't help but love him. That love equips us and spurs us on to surrender to obey his leading, instruction, and orders. The law is dead without Christ, so we follow Christ out of love and thankfulness, gratefulness, in an attitude of thanksgiving we desire to follow the law. The love we have fulfills the law in us. The law in its self does not save but mere adherance to the law does bring about order. We need Christ to fulfill the law in us. We are not capable by ourselves to keep the law.

I for one am so thankful that God made a way and it is by faith in God's provision of Jesus Christ on the cross for us. It is by our relationship with Him by the Holy Spirit in us and by the Word of God guiding and directing us we grow in love. The love will fulfill all the requirements of the law.

I hope this makes sense. It sure does to me.

Jesus paid it all and all to Him I owe. Sin left a crimson stain but He washed it white as snow. I just have to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog