Thursday, May 7, 2015

We Can Stand Right Before God!!!

Looking at the issue of righteousness, or better said, right standing with God; I really wanted to talk a bit more about this issue of right actions versus being right to follow up on an earlier post

I believe that by our confidence in Christ, our being convinced of Christ and our assurance of Christ as our savior and accepting it, is what believing/faith in Christ is all about. We accept it and believe that the Word of God regarding us and Christ is true, therefore we are right with God. 

Once we have believed and are righteous, we live our lives with our new standing with God. Our actions begin to demonstrate and produce evidence of our right standing with God. We are first proclaimed to be right by our faith. Then there is a process which begins to refine us. Our actions begin to transform into righteous actions. It doesn't mean we will get it right all the time, that is the reason we see in the scripture the need for "there is therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." 

We will fall short of God's glory. We will sin. Scripture tells us that if we say we are without sin, we deceive ourselves. That is why we need a savior to save us from our tendency toward sin. However, as we walk in fellowship with Him. there is a transformation that occurs. 

I pray that we will remember that for ourselves as well as for others. I read the following blog today and really wanted an excuse to link it to my blog. I really appreciate what it was about. You can click on the link. Some of us may be able to identify with the girl at the prom who had fallen in one way or another. I hope we are sometimes the husband applauding and encouraging those who have fallen or struggling. I hope that if we are the ones casting the harsh looks or judgment, we would take the time to put ourselves in the shoes of the fallen or stuggling, and imagine how you would like to be treated. This is where we can apply the golden rule, treat others the way you would like to be treated.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog