Monday, November 2, 2009

Conform or transform???

Have you ever thought about this? Religion has a way of helping bring about behavior modification.  We alter our outward behavior.  This allows us to be accepted by the general body.  However, Jesus was pretty specific about what he meant by sin.  He went to the MOTIVE.  He focused on our thoughts and ultimately our beliefs.  When we are walking daily with Christ, we will begin to see a transformation from within.  We will see our motives change.  We will love because it is who we are. We will give because we cannot help ourselves.  We will serve because we cannot imagine NOT serving.  We will pour out on others out of the overflow of our full hearts.  Only Jesus can change us from within.  It starts with the RENEWING of our minds.  Begin to fill up your thinking with the TRUTH that can only come from Jesus.  Be filled with the holy spirit and see the most amazing transformation.

I so enjoyed the message at church yesterday and was just reminded how much God loves me.  It always overwhelmes me to think on the love God has for me.  He knew me before the foundation of the world.  The good news is the gospel of Jesus.  He is the hope of the world for eternity with God.  Jesus really did pave a way.  Don't try to figure it out, just embrace it and be thankful.

Let's begin to look for Jesus to transform us to reflect His image to the world, not settling for a religious program that will outward mold / conform us in to an empty, hollow shell of a conformed man.  (Jesus told the Pharisees they were like white washed tombs.)  I think they are a perfect example of what I am talking about.  Behavior modification NEVER last and is exhausting to try.   Why not just sit before the master and allow Him to mold you instead into the true image you are LONGING to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

So which will you choose?   Religion or relationship??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog