Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Request to pray

2 Chronicles 7:14
>
>
> I remember reading about the children of Israel who turned from God
> time and time again, only to realize their mistake and pray for
> forgiveness. Each time, God would forgive them and they would walk
> with him for a time. So, I am going to ask you to join me in praying
> for our nation every day. Please read the email below. God is in
> control.
>
> May God Have Mercy On America ; Protect Our Troops
> When I was in Atlanta last week, there were signs in people's yards
> that said, " America , prayer is our only hope" - with 2 Chronicles
> 7:14 underneath.. We certainly need God's help!
>
> I have no idea who started this, but I certainly agree with this
> e-mail. I heard a preacher on TV tonight who said if we pray for our
> nation things will turn around.
>
> After a day of contemplation and soul searching, I have decided to
> reach out to my friends and relatives and ask you to do something
> that has been troubling me for a long time.
>
> Our nation is/has been on the slippery slope for a long time. If you
> look around you will find corruption, greed, moral decay, and a
> steady move away from the things that made us great. The principles
> upon which this nation was founded are no longer our backbone.
> However, we can reverse this trend.
>
> 2 Chronicles. 7:14 in God's Word, He states,
> "If my people who are called by my name
> will humble themselves and pray
> and seek my face and turn from their
> wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven
> and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
>
> I am convinced that we must pray for our nation and its leaders and
> ask for forgiveness. So I ask you to join me in this plea to our Lord.
>
> Would you please send this to people in your address book? Ask them
> to pray EVERY DAY. (25 to the 5th power is9,765,625 people.)
> IMAGINE if each person reaches TEN others... Or all TWENTY FIVE!
>
> If you do and they comply, we will lift up millions and millions of
> prayers a day to our Creator. He will hear us, and in faith will
> answer.
>
> Here's a quote from Ronald Reagan:
> "If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be
> a nation gone under."
>
> I truly believe this is why the United States of America is in the
> shape it's in today.
>
> Most people have forgotten that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD! Let us
> as Christians stand up and remind people of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog