Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Why do you study the bible

If you are in the midst of a bible study, this is a reminder to think on the REASON you are doing it. I have heard a bunch of differing reasons. To appease God, to gain more knowledge etc. However, I firmly believe to do it for any other reason than to grow in relationship with God, to get to know Him whom you believe in and to equip you to serve, love and minister to a hurt world, you will be dissatisfied at the very least. Think on "why" you do it. And then focus on the ONE the book is all about. Honestly it should be encouraging our love for others and God. Just something to think about today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life can be Difficult

I know that difficult times are not fun at all.  In fact, they can be really awful. I have been wondering lately though. What if I frame my ...

Search This Blog